SMR Surface Mount Resistors
Surface Mount Resistors are best suited for commercial industrial and automotive applications. Chip Resistors are suitable for a wide range of solder processes, and are ideal for high-speed electronic assembly equipment. Chip Resistors body sizes range from 0201 to 2512. Seven-inch reels are standard, but eleven and thirteen inch reels sizes are available. Paper carrier tape is standard for Chip Resistors. In addition, Zero-Ohm Resistors are also available. Zero-Ohm Chip Resistors have a copper wire internally. This creates a short condition. Zero-Ohm Chip Resistors can be used to check for continuity after soldering.
|Drawing||Part Number||Body Size||Tape
|0201SMR-PA||.02" x 01"||0.5 x 0.25mm||8mm||2mm||10,000||50,000|
|Drawing||0402SMR-PA||.04" x .02"||1.0 x 0.5mm||8mm||2mm||10,000||80,000|
|0603SMR-PA||.06" x .03"||1.5 x 0.8mm||8mm||4mm||5,000||25,000|
|0805SMR-PA||.08" x .05"||2.0 x 1.27mm||8mm||4mm||5,000||10,000|
|1206SMR-PA||.12" x .06"||3.0 x 1.5mm||8mm||4mm||5,000||5,000|
|1210SMR-PA||.12" x .10"||3.0 x 2.5mm||8mm||4mm||5,000||—|
- Surface mount resistors come packaged on paper carrier tape and 7" reels (larger quantities are available upon request).
- Plastic carrier tape is non-standard for surface mount resistors.
- PA = paper tape.
- Add a “B” to the end of the part number for bulk.
- Add a “C” to the end of the part number for bulk cassette feeder.
- The numeric section of the part number refers to the physical body size (in inches) of the component. For example: Part number 0402SMR-PA has a body size of .04" length by .02" width.