Extended Durability, High Gloss Finish/Sealer, 22% Solids
Formulated For Ultra High Speed Burnishing Programs
Advances in acrylic, urethane, and cross-linking systems chemistry have made this revolutionary finish possible. One try of Cutting Edge will easily convince the most discriminating floor care professional of the unparalleled performance of this finish. Durability is unrivaled due to Cutting Edge's harder energy-dissipating matrix. Designed for extreme traffic areas and maintaince using high (1000-2000) Rpm electric and ultra-high-speed 2500-3000 propane burnishing equipment. When high speed burnished, Cutting Edge exhibits levels of gloss 30-40% higher than competitive high gloss floor finishes. With surface hardness 80-100% higher than previously attainable levels, resistance to traffic wear, scuffing, and black heel marks has been dramatically increased.
APPLICATION & MAINTENANCE
Preparation Of Floors With Heavy Finish Build-Up Or In Poor Condition
- Strip floors completely using Eliminator or alternative Perma stripper.
- Lightly rinse floors using an automatic scrubber or mop and wringer bucket containing 1/2 - 1 ounce per gallon of Top or EM1005 Neutral Cleaner and water, to remove emulsified floor finish residue.
- Allow floor to dry thoroughly.
- Optimum build and appearance require a minimum of 3-5 coats of finish. Apply Cutting Edge in thin, even coats using a clean finish mop or applicator. Allow 30-45 minutes between coats. Additional drying time may be necessary on cold floors or under high humdity conditions.
- For daily maintenance, sweep and/or dry mop floors to remove coarse soils. Damp mop or wash with an automatic scrub and Tops Neutral Cleaner.
Scrubbing and Recoating to Restore Appearance
- Floors in good condition that require dressing up may be scrubbed with Super Blue or Easy Mix 1010 Cleaner/ Degreaser. Use a low speed (175-300 Rpm) buffing machine or automatic scrubber equipped with a blue or green scrubbing pad to remove embedded dirt and surface oxidation. After scrubbing rinse the floor with clean water.
- Apply 1 or 2 thin coats of Cutting Edge using a clean finish mop or applicator. Allow 30-45 minutes between coats.
Gloss Maintenance and Restoration
- Periodically Cutting Edge should be burnished with a 1000-3000 Rpm burnishing machine using Jumpstart or Easy Mix 1035 UHS Cleaner/Gloss Restorers to enhance the floor appearance and extend the life of the finish.
|Nonvolatile Solids||22 ± 0.6%|
|pH||8.2 - 9.0|
|Gloss 60°||91 @ 5 coats|
|Weight Per Gallon||8.50|
|Slip Resistance (ASTM)||0.5 - 0.6|
|Stability||2 year minimum at room temperature|
|Freeze/Thaw Stability||3 cycles minimum|
|Drying Time||30 - 45 minutes|
|Gallon Coverage (Feet2)||2000 ± 10%|
|Durability (ASTM D-968)||6,480 grams|
This material is not a hazardous mixture as defined in 29 CFR 1919, 1200 and M.G.L. c. 111F. Safety glasses and gloves should be worn during application and handling. If ingested, drink milk, water, or fruit juice and induce vomiting with oil of ipecac. In the event of eye contact, flush area with water for 15 minutes. Consult with a physician. For detailed information, consult MSDS sheet.